5. Rock of Ages (the only one that got in!)
4. Before the Throne of God Above
3. Faithful and True
2. My Heart is Filled with Thankfulness
1. Oh Lord, Your Love
My number 1 song - it's quite a simple song, but I think it's a beautiful expression of the relationship we have with God. It is amazing - why should he call us his children or his friends? We have received so much from God, and there is nothing we can give in return. Even our relationship with God is all from him.
Oh Lord, I give you all I have
But it seems so little
When you have given me so much
I come to you with empty hands
And a heart that's fragile
You come to me with a wealth of love
And now I sing you songs of praise
But you are beyond me
I know I cannot comprehend
How you, ancient of days
Stoop yourself to call me
To be your son, to be your friends
Oh Lord, your love is new with every morning
Your faithfulness gets me through the night
You bid me come, you know that I am weary
Your yoke is easy, and your burden is light
I remember singing this song at church when I was going through a particularly hard time with depression and anxiety. I ended up crying because I just didn't feel that God's yoke was easy or that his burden was light. But in the end, I got through that dark time, and I know it wasn't on my own strength.
*There are other songs which would have made it into my top 5 (e.g. And Can it Be, and Crown Him With Many Crowns) but in this survey I was limited to the songs that are on the songlist for evening services at Narwee. I think I destroyed any chance of Crown Him With Many Crowns being on the list permanently when I managed to sneak the "Potentate of Time" verse in twice, but I'm not sure what the problem with And Can it Be is...
No comments:
Post a Comment