Monday, March 19, 2007

Third Annual European Adventure

About a month ago I posted about the frustration of waiting to hear whether my conference abstract had been accepted. I probably should have posted earlier about the outcome, but I'm reluctant to blow my own trumpet. Ah, what the heck. Toot, toot!

I'll be heading over to the UK at the end of June for 6 weeks - the third year in a row that I have migrated north for the winter. The main reason for the trip is that I'll be presenting papers at three conferences:

  1. The Annual Conference of the British Society for the History of Science, University of Manchester (program available here).
  2. Science and Religion: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives, Lancaster University, a conference in honour of John Hedley Brooke (program available here).
  3. New Frontiers in Science and Faith, joint meeting of Christians in Science and the American Scientific Affiliation, University of Edinburgh.

It's all very exciting. Of course, I still have to write the three papers...

3 comments:

Nick said...

Three conferences, congratulations!!

I'm actually thinking about skipping AAHPSSS this year to travel through Europe instead. (I'll probably present that paper at a conference in Toronto instead.) If I do, we should meet up. I'd probably be in France for about a week so if you have some time between conferences you might pop over to Paris for the day. Or if you were planning to stay in the North all that time I might be able to meet you half-way in London.

I'll let you know when I decide.

Lara said...

Hey Nick, that would be fantastic! I've got three weeks to spare from July 1 to July 23, and I was planning to spend a week each in Oxford, Cambridge and London. Any of those locations appeal to you??

Lara said...

Although popping over to Paris for a day also sounds appealing...