It's only 10am, and I'm already exhausted. It's only week 4, and I'm already sick of my science and religion tutorials.
I had aimed to do all my tutoring work from home, so that while I'm at uni I can concentrate on PhD work. This weekend, however, I didn't manage to get any work done - recovering from a migraine on Saturday and various social engagements (including Church) on Sunday. The last week has been quite hectic as well, so I've been a bit behind in my tutoring.
I logged on this morning to read about 200 new posts. In the thread for last week's discussion on the historical relations between science and religion I found an argument about testimony as evidence in court, tattoos on bottoms and third nipples, accusations of offending God by mentioning said tattoos and third nipples, tirades back and forth about attacking people, being stubborn and Jesus being a nut-case. Hmm. I think I should keep a closer eye on this group.
I have written several posts exhorting the students to be mindful of other people's opinions, to avoid being dogmatic in simply asserting an existing belief and to make an effort to understand the opposing point of view. I wonder if it has all been in vain...
No comments:
Post a Comment