Thursday, February 14, 2008

The most important post of the day...

I'm getting married in four months!

Four months seems both a scarily short and a frustratingly long period of time. We're one third of the way through our engagement (two months on Saturday since Matt asked me to marry him!), and the time has gone quite quickly, but still it seems like we've got a long time to wait. It's strange: time until the PhD thesis must be done goes quickly but time until the wedding goes slowly, yet it's the same time. Weird.

Anyway, I am eagerly and not entirely patiently anticipating June 14. Here are some specific things (in no particular order) that I'm looking forward to.

  • Wearing the most gorgeous (and most expensive!) dress I've ever owned
  • Seeing the look on Matt's face when I walk down the aisle (the best part of any wedding)
  • Celebrating with family and friends
  • Making a lifetime commitment, before God, to the man I love
  • Our first kiss...

Yes, that's right folks. I'm not just looking forward to our first kiss as a married couple - it'll be our first kiss, full stop. Long story. Remind me to blog more about that another time.

6 comments:

Healyhatman said...

First kiss, as in ever? Wow you really took that pre-marital chastity to the next level!

I won't go on about how I view that custom from an atheist standpoint. What I will do however...

Is congratulate you on your impending wedding day
Congratulate you on the sheer will power it must have taken to not even kiss your intended

Then I'm going to wish you well for said day and make a joke about hoping for your sake he doesn't turn out to be a bad kisser!

Lara said...

Aw, that's really quite sweet! Thank you!

Nixter said...

it will come along before you know it ;)

I am intrigued to hear more on the 'first kiss ever' thing ;)

Twas lovely to have hot choc the other day!

Nick said...

Cindy is saying "Oh, là, là!" repeatedly. Suffice it to say, we look forward to your next blog post.

ChinDoGu said...

I suspect I will be a bad kisser. although I am sure its something you can learn, and I am sure it will be fun working on getting better at it...


8-)

Lara said...

I suspect I will be a bad kisser.

The good thing is, it doesn't matter. I'm not marrying you because of your kissing ability, and the only reason I'm going to kiss you is because we're married and I love you!

although I am sure its something you can learn, and I am sure it will be fun working on getting better at it...

I'm sure it will be, just like some other things in marriage as well...

;-p