I shouldn't read blogs like this. They only make me angry.
Apparently by going to university, I have taken part in "pagan indoctrination" and I've been "fully indoctrinated with statist, marxist-freudian ideologies." I should have stayed at home, learning to quilt and bake bread.
Interestingly, though, it doesn't say anything about men attending university. Perhaps they're stronger, and not so meek and mild as to blindly accept everything they are taught? Who knows.
6 comments:
I'm curious as to which Bible verses they think talk about women as home makers, or which Bible verses imply that a man shouldn't bee a home maker but a woman should be. Or which ones say that a man must be the bread winner (rather than the woman).
And what if their daughters never get married? Are they suggesting that a daughter should basically only be brought up to be a help-meet for her husband?
Very odd
Two things about the blog post you linked to.
1) The person who posted it is (apparently) a woman and can I just ask.... wt f? She must feel pretty badly. She feels obliged to do this because her religion tells her to - stay home, clean this cook this do what man says... And she see all these filthy harlots walking around like they are a man's equal, like they have a say in the world! How dare they, God says everyone has to suffer like she does! Rawr! (Obviously I think that woman is a nutjob and if that's the way she interprets her bible it's another reason that bible's should NOT be given to stupid people any more)
2) What is up with those other "women" in the comments agreeing with her? They upset that they're not pretty enough any more and their husbands cheat on them all the time, or that they're stuck at home because they married a fundie, so now they have to destroy the progress made by the feminism movement just because they want everything to adhere to their particular version of the bible? They should go buy vibrators, enjoy their voluntary confinement and leave their mouths shut.
She feels obliged to do this because her religion tells her to - stay home, clean this cook this do what man says...
Or one particular interpretation of her religion's sacred text tells her to.
I've got nothing against women who stay home to keep house and raise children if that's what they want to do. I think it was a failing of feminism that in trying to give women choice, it only allowed one choice. However, I don't think it helps at all to say that ALL women should stay home to keep house and raise children, and that's what really makes me angry.
I'm curious as to which Bible verses they think talk about women as home makers, or which Bible verses imply that a man shouldn't bee a home maker but a woman should be. Or which ones say that a man must be the bread winner (rather than the woman).
Titus 2:3-5 - "Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."
See? Women are supposed to be busy at home. And older women should teach the younger women how to be busy at home - how to dust, clean windows, bake bread, quilt and make curtains.
Also Proverbs 31:10-31. Sure, the woman makes money, but only by making things with her own hands, and all subject to the authority of her husband. He goes out to the city gates, whereas everything she does is for her husband and family, and directed towards the home.
Apparently.
And what if their daughters never get married? Are they suggesting that a daughter should basically only be brought up to be a help-meet for her husband?
I read another blog that basically said the only reason to educate a girl was so she could home-school her children. And I'm sure if the daughters never get married and have children, they are failing in their Christian duty. After all, women were designed to be helpers for men, and are saved through childbearing.
This is seriously the kind of stuff I've been reading on these blogs!
Very odd.
Indeed.
you don't want children anyway - so why do you care what she says!
Could you explain more about why her blog makes you angry? I'm confused. She is only stating what she and her husband believe about the world and how they should guide their children. Nowhere did she state in her blog that "Lara in Australia" MUST do as I am teaching my daughters!" If she had done so, of course your anger would be justified, as she has no authority over you and no business guiding your life. But she does hold these positions in relation to her own family. Her blog is not about attacking others, but rather her purpose is to explain how God has led her family and why they do the things they do. Why does this make you angry? I would realy like to understand.
Post a Comment