
Robyn Williams is speaking at UNSW tomorrow night. Intelligent Design is described as "wilfully ignorant." From what is quoted below, from the UNSW Faculty of Science
website, does anyone think Robyn Williams has a good understanding of Christian theology of creation? Or is he perhaps wilfully ignorant of what he is trying to refute? And that subtitle - "Why God isn't as smart as she thinks she is" - just sounds like an attempt to be controversial without having to actually make an argument...
Intelligent Design has found its way into the headlines, has been spruiked by Dr Brendan Nelson and is now trying to slink into our schools. So where did this wilfully ignorant sibling of creationism and its anti-scientific arguments spring from? And why is it refusing to go away?
ABC science broadcaster, Robyn Williams has taken on the monster of creationism posing as science in his new book, Unintelligent Design.
Described as a "witty and wicked" debunking of Intelligent Design, he argues that if God really created the universe she made a hash of it. Why, for instance, do female koalas have a downward-opening pouch? And why are humans plagued by sinus blockages, piles, bad breath, farting and a useless appendix?
Robyn will speak about his new book and take questions at UNSW from 6pm, Thursday 26 October. He also will be signing copies of his book.
Robyn Williams presents science programs on ABC radio and television. A fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, he was a visiting fellow at Balliol College, Oxford, and is now visiting professor in the Faculty of Science at UNSW.
Venue:
Law Building, main lecture theatre, Room G04 (map reference, F8)
3 comments:
Hey Nix, I'm sorry I don't understand the secret code! I go to Narwee Baptist Church - there's a link to the website on the side bar.
so lara are you going to his thing tonight? are you going to ask him questions?
Nixter: now I get the secret code!!
Donna: I am going to the lecture... not sure if I'll ask questions. I might just sit in the audience and silently fume. My friend Daniel is coming along, so hopefully it will open up opportunities for further discussions about God stuff!
Post a Comment