An interesting opinion piece on the challenges of motherhood here.
Thanks to Craig for the link.
My thoughts, which I also posted on Craig's blog:
That's a really good article. I like the way it acknowledges that both mothers and fathers need to do things for each other, and I liked what Alison Osborne said about wanting to be a hands-on mum, but not wanting to be with the children every minute of every day. I don't have kids, but I would like to some day. One of my biggest worries is "cabin fever" - I think I'd go crazy being a stay-at-home mum all the time.
I also think it's good to acknowledge that motherhood is not easy, in contrast to some feminists, who think that stay-at-home mums are betraying the sisterhood, and perhaps in contrast to some conservative Christians who think that women should be in the home with the kids, but who perhaps don't think about how difficult that can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment