Monday, December 11, 2006

In a bad place...

I am not feeling very happy right now. I have a lot of work to finish by the end of the year, and I am running out of time. Usually deadlines give me motivation to work hard, but at the moment, I seem to be seriously lacking in energy and stamina. It doesn't help that I've been battling bad headaches for nearly a week now, as this has put me even further behind. I have my annual progress review tomorrow. It shouldn't be too bad, and I've already completed all the paper work for it, but I'm still looking forward to it being over.

I was aiming to finish chapter 6 by Christmas, but that's looking unlikely. So far, I have written 9,000 words, but it's all in point form and I still have a long way to go. Chapters 4 and 5 need to be done early next year so I can start reworking the earlier chapters and writing the introduction and conclusion.

By the end of the year (which really means by next Thursday) I also need to write a proposal for a conference paper and an 800 word article on natural theology, including some mention of John Ray. And then there's Christmas...

I'm so stressed and exhausted that I could just curl up in a corner and cry.

6 comments:

ChinDoGu said...

Just want to say, things will get better. Will be praying for you.

Matt

/Karen/ said...

Eeek, sounds horrible! I hope things get better for you too. Maybe you need to take an hour to go somewhere no one can find you where there are no phones and enjoy a delicious hot chocolate.

/Karen/ said...

With a good (non-related to your PhD) book.

Lara said...

Thanks Matt!

Good idea Karen! I'm hoping to stay with my brother and sister-in-law in Canberra for a week in January, and I'm planning to spend lots of time in nice cafes (particularly the one at the National Library and especially the members' lounge at the National Gallery). I'm looking forward to reading plenty of non-PhD related books.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that Lara, will pray for you.

Lara said...

I love the Christian blogger community!