Friday, May 13, 2005

Three cheers for Tim!

I just have to tell everyone...

My brother Tim is the best brother in the whole world! Here's part of an email he sent me yesterday:

I was feeling really sorry for you the other day, because you’re going to Europe soon and you won’t have an iPod or digital camera – the two gadgets I consider the most important when travelling, after a laptop of course.

Anyway, I turned my mind to wondering how I could get, or help get, you one or both of those. I checked out my frequent flyer and credit card reward points, but they don’t go far enough. However, I know that Pepsi are currently running an iPod competition, so I bought and drank a bottle of Pepsi Max yesterday (I recommend you stick with Coke) and entered the competition today.


Would you believe that he actually won an iPod mini, and he's going to give it to me! And I get to pick the colour (blue of course).

Now, it's not only because of this that he's the best brother in the world. Though I might whinge about him occasionally, and we had our conflicts when we were growing up (still do, actually - *tickle* *slap!*), he really is fantastic and I love him very much. He's been a great encouragement to me in my faith and in my other 'intellectual pursuits', such as reading and buying lots of books. He's always been a caring brother - I remember one time in high school when I got home with an incredibly bad migraine. Tim was about to leave for work at Grace Bros, but he called to say he'd be a little late because he had to look after his sick little sister. He got me into bed, brought me some Nurofen and water, and a bucket in case I was sick. He really took care of me. And that's just one example.

I love you, Tim!! You're the best!

3 comments:

Mister Tim said...

Ohhhhh. Isn't that sweet.
I'd almost forgotten about the migraine incident (well, I remember it, but hadn't thought about it for a long time). I never realised it made such an impact on you.
Anyway, enjoy your iPod when it comes and let me know if you want any tips or tricks about getting the most use out of them.

Anonymous said...

Woah! How cool about winning the iPod mini ^_^ I forked out dosh for that!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add - cool brother too! Praise God.