I like this quote from
Karen's blog. It captures how I feel lately.
“When I wake up in the morning, my ‘cup’ is about three-quarters full. I still might feel down occasionally or have a bad day but I've got room to cope with things that might upset me. But when you wake up in the morning, your cup is already full—full of all these things you've had to carry for a long time. So when things happen, your cup overflows. Of course you're going to feel overwhelmed and of course you're going to find things upsetting.”
(Women's chaplain to Moore College student last Tuesday over coffee and chai tea.)
4 comments:
I know that feeling. I think I upgraded my cup to a bucket and its still full to the brim in the mornings.
My cup used to be full all the time. Then I went to the doctor and they prescribed me some tablets that made my cup larger!
Mmmm, modern medicine!
Stoobie said...
My cup used to be full all the time. Then I went to the doctor and they prescribed me some tablets that made my cup larger!
I'm still waiting for mine to make my cup larger...
If only there were somewhere we could all empty our cups into - like a massive dam or reservoir.
Psalm 55:22 - Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Easier said than done, though!
Nice analogy.
Post a Comment