Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ecclesial heretics

My wonderful dad was editing a chapter draft for me the other day, and objected to the use of the word "ecclesial" instead of "ecclesiastical" in a quotation about natural theology. Since it was a quotation, I'm not going to change it, but I thought I'd better double check that it is a real word. Dictionary.com always comes in handy for things like this. So, I look up "ecclesial" and along with the definition I find two sponsered links:

Religion is for the weak.
Its for the brain washed and vulnerable. Agree or disagree?
www.friction.tv

Heretics in Christianity
Who is a heretic in the Bible?
www.bjnewlife.org


And just in case you are wondering about the difference between "ecclesial" and "ecclesiastical":

Ecclesial - pertaining to a church or its functions, teachings, or organization

Ecclesiastical - pertaining to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular


Big difference there.

No comments: