Friday, April 20, 2007

Theological break-up lines

I like the Calvinist and Arminian ones the most.

  • Calvinist: We were predestined before the creation of the world to break up according to God's good pleasure. I am, on my own power, unable to break up with you apart from the irresistible draw of God's sovereign grace which leads me to end this relationship. Those that truly break up will not get back together in the end.
  • Arminian: While you love me and have a wonderful plan for my life, I have the power to resist your will. If I did not, love would not be possible. For our relationship to be loving it needs to include the possibility of breaking up--something I am doing right now.

Read the full list here.

I would also like to point out that I have absolutely no intention of using any of these in the foreseeable future!

3 comments:

Aric Clark said...

I'm gonna post these to my blog... funny stuff!

Nixter said...

these were cool - thanks for posting ;)

Anonymous said...

Your blog was worth visiting for these alone! Whilst on the topic, I gotta say I'm very happy (and now a tad scared!) for my friend Mr Chindogu. He's got a great catch - even if she's not into infant baptism :) Come down again sometime and we'll nerd it up in style.

www.the-blog-of-pak.blogspot.com