I played Order of the Stick for the first time last night. This morning I looked up the web comic, and to my alarm and dismay, I found it amusing. I'm very scared that after playing the game once (and not even finishing it), I can already get some of the jokes. I started at the beginning of the comic and got to #32. Since the current one is #439, I think I shall have to find a way to avoid looking at it when I should be doing work. But I've found a new source of amusement and procrastination!I am increasing in nerdiness by the minute. And it's all Matt's fault!
5 comments:
hmm.. I feel just slightly guilty now...
As long as it's only just slightly guilty, that's ok!
welcome to the wonderful world of geekdom. Order of the Stick is one of the best webcomics out there. Many jokes one would only get if they played D&D 3.5, but still very funny.
Have you read any Sinfest?
Well, I've never played any D&D, so there are a LOT of jokes that I don't get. Still very funny, though. I am now up to date, which is a little scary.
I think I was already a geek before Order of the Stick, though. I don't think a non-geek would have dreams about looking for action figures of the Cambridge Platonists. And even if they did, they probably wouldn't wish that you could actually buy action figures of the Cambridge Platonists in real life! Although, Descartes, Galileo and Robert Boyle would be higher on my list...
Indeed action figures of Cambridge Platonists definitely takes geekness seriously.
You really caught up on Order of the Stick quickly! Must've wasted a good few hours there.. :)
Post a Comment