Sunday, April 15, 2007

Surrender

"Surrender" has now become my favourite song by Kasey Chambers, taking the place of "The Rain."

It's not that I don't care
I know it's here somewhere
But it's more than I can bear to take
I lie awake at night
I never win the fight
It's an addiction I can't shake

It's overbearing me and
Growing, flowing, showing

I surrender, forever
I fold, I play the losing card
I'm under
It's over
I give it up it's all too hard

It's not I'm unsure
I've heard it all before
But I can't help wanting more to keep
You just don't understand
The way I really am
It's all I ever can be

But underneath it all
I'm breaking, waking, shaking

I surrender, forever
I fold, I play the losing card
I'm under
It's over
I give it up it's all too hard

And now I face it all
I'm falling, crawling, stalling

I surrender, forever
I fold, I play the losing card
I'm under
It's over
I give it up it's all too hard

No comments: