Bunnies for my niece! These are from Aranzi Aronzo's book Cute Dolls. The fabric for the bunnies was leftover from making Christmas stockings, and the dresses were made from scraps from my first Christmas 2010 project: an apron and oven mitts for my niece. I'll post photos of those once I check with her parents that I'm allowed to post photos of her online. I forgot to take a photo of the apron and mitts by themselves, and by the time I remembered, the apron was stained with Vegemite. My niece loves her Vegemite sandwiches!
I think the bunnies would have looked better if they'd been made with jersey cloth like the book suggests, but I was just using what I had on hand. And the facial features do make the bunnies look like they have moustaches. But at least my niece was able to recognise them as bunnies!

3 comments:
These bunnies are so cute!! I love all of your Christmas craftiness!!
Using what you have rather than buying more and ending up with a plethora of scraps seems eminently wise. :-)
I also made pincushions out of scraps from the apron project, so I think I'm doing pretty well!
Post a Comment