Sunday, January 02, 2011

Crafty Christmas - 1

Some of the crafty things I made as gifts and decorations this Christmas just passed.  As usual, I was overly ambitious with my plans, and I decided to make embroidered Christmas stockings for my immediate family.  I made eight in total - for my husband, parents, brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew-or-niece-to-be.  According to the Purl Bee, these stockings are designed to be a quick project.  Ha!  Perhaps I'm just incredibly slow (I am relatively new at sewing, and very new at this kind of embroidery), but it took me a fair while to sew each stocking, and the embroidery took me about 45 minutes per letter!  I didn't quite finish - one letter missing on my niece's stocking, several missing on mine - but oh well.  They did look nice!  Here's one of the stockings:



And here's another with the little presents I put inside:



I'm going to reuse the stockings next year - I'm not dedicated enough to make something like this every year!

No comments: