Saturday, January 01, 2011

30 Things To Do When I’m 30


In lieu of making New Year's Resolutions this year (since I never keep them anyway) I've made a list of 30 things I would like to do when I'm 30.  I'm giving myself a head start - my birthday is not for a couple of months yet - but I think it will probably take me more than a year to get through this list.

If I was making New Year's Resolutions, blogging more would be on the list (although that's not a SMART goal...)

  1. Sew a quilt
  2. Sew a skirt
  3. Sew a dress
  4. Learn to crochet
  5. Crochet an amigurumi
  6. Crochet slipper socks
  7. Learn to knit
  8. Knit a scarf
  9. Have all completed cross-stitches framed
  10. Go to a craft market and/or craft fair
  11. Choose photos for wedding album
  12. Print honeymoon photos and put in album
  13. Eat at a restaurant I haven’t been to before
  14. Have cocktails at bar I haven’t been to before
  15. Have fish & chips on the beach at Manly
  16. Have lunch at The Bather's Pavilion, Balmoral Beach
  17. Get a massage
  18. Get a facial
  19. Go to a winery
  20. Go bushwalking
  21. Go bike riding
  22. Go to the zoo
  23. Go to Melbourne for a weekend
  24. Travel some place I haven’t been before
  25. Unclutter my life
  26. Implement “Getting Things Done
  27. Submit an article to a journal
  28. Write a book proposal
  29. Start researching something not directly related to my PhD
  30. Have my PhD degree framed

5 comments:

amelieandatticus said...

wow...sounds awesome, I can't wait to see your progress over the year!!

Laurel-li said...

Awesome list! Also, I can help you learn to crochet well enough to make the slippers, if you like. ^-^

Laetitia :-) said...

9 and 30 are relatively easy to cross off your list - all you need is to force yourself to gather them all up and take them to a framing shop (where you can then spend ages deciding just which type of frames you want). This is coming from the woman who has put off getting three large photos framed because it means they'll be heavier the next time we move (or that's what I tell myself).

For 10 you just need to give yourself a few hours off to do it. Walking around with a buddy who will help you not overspend is also a good idea. ;-)

I'd be able to help with 11 & 12 except I don't live in Sydney. :-) If they're digital I'd go for a StoryBook album (faster), unless you're addicted to traditional scrapbooking.

All the best with it and let us all know how many you get done and whether you add any to your list over the year.

Chaotic Jupiter said...

you can come to some of the craft shows with thouraya and i :)

Gin Oak said...

If you want company for 1-8, I'm thinking of opening my place an evening once a fortnight for crafting... depends how convenient Wolli Creek is for you :-)