Friday, June 22, 2007

Obsessed?

I had a dream the other night that I kissed Colin Firth. It's possible that the picture of Mr Darcy has been at the top of my blog for too long. Oh well. I don't think I'm the only one enjoying it!

6 comments:

Clare said...

Actually, when I watched Pride and Prejudice, I thought Colin Firth? What?! What's so good about him? Is it the one look that he gives to express many emotions?

I found that he was a bit of a player as well. I don't know - I just don't see it. When I was a single man, I thought, what's so good about Mr Darcy? I still think that now.

(BRACING FOR THE BACKLASH...)

Donna-May said...

ah, i see what you're saying stan. i thought the same when i first watched it but a few years later i watched it start to finish again and adored darcy. he's so great. i don't know what changed but something did. :)

Clare said...

But the thing is, I've seen it more than once (although, I watched the whole 6 hours the second time - and I wished I could get those 6 hours of my life back). And, if every male were to aspire to Mr Darcy, he would be (from my observations):

- a player...
- have a stare that is for every occasion
- cannot make up his mind

which translates to (in my eyes):

- a womaniser
- boring and unemotional
- unsure about himself and what he wants!

Hmmmm. Come one Lars - do some convincing...

Lara said...

I will do some convincing - just don't have enough time at the moment for a thorough analysis! But here's a little to go on:

Firstly, it's not 6 hours - it's only 5. There are 6 episodes, but each episode is only 50 minutes; 6 x 50 = 300 minutes, = 5 hours.

Secondly, if every man aspired to be Mr Darcy he would be a) flawed but b) willing and able to change. And if he was seeking a woman like Elizabeth Bennett, she would be a) flawed but b) willing to change, and he would admire her for the quickness of her wit and her character rather than her external appearance and family connections. Now what girl wouldn't want a guy like that?!

Lara said...

Thirdly, "Lars"??!

/Karen/ said...

Heheh ... that was quite a “Bridget” moment! I'm going to use that!