It's said that every person in the world is connected to any other person by six or less degrees of separation. I think that if you throw in a Christian, you're down to three. And if that Christian has a blog, it's probably even less!
I started out in the blogosphere by reading Karen's blog. I knew Karen through CBS and Word by Word, received her newsletter and then realised she had a blog. One afternoon when I was procrastinating at uni, I clicked on all her links, and started reading other blogs, one of which was Duncan's. I met Duncan for the first time in real life at a CASE seminar on Monday night, but I didn't know it was that Duncan until he blogged about the seminar. Then, I was browsing through the rest of his blog, found a picture of him with his fiancee Fiona, and realised that I'd had a philosophy class with her a few years back.
From Duncan's blog I followed a link to Martyn's, and from there followed a linked labelled "Veg". I used to chat to a guy on ICQ who was nicknamed Veg. It wasn't his blog - it turned out to be Gin's, and I went to primary school with her!
This is all very scary...
Oh, by the way, I'm only three degrees of separation from Sarah Blasko. That's pretty exciting for me!
6 comments:
How do you get to Sarah Blasko in three degrees?
I know Margaret whose friend Greg used to share a house with Sarah Blasko.
Incidentally, I'm not sure if your aware, but the duncan you met is my brother... 8-)
Matt
Actually, that one I had figured out!
And when are you going to update your blog?!
No. I don't have much to do with CBS/MTS-type stuff these days. The conferences sound interesting, but I'm a little reluctant to go to something like that. I often feel discouraged by the emphasis on full-time ministry. I think that as Christians we are all in full-time ministry. I see my academic work as my ministry, and academia as my mission-field, but I'm hoping to serve others as a Christian who happens to be working as an academic, not as a full-time ministry worker. Does that make any sense?
But if by not going to one of these conferences I'm missing out on meeting blogger friends, then that is a shame!
Err.. I'm about halfway through another post.. So that would imply 1.5 months from now.. :P hopefully soon...
Post a Comment