Saturday, September 30, 2006

Coming up tulips

Calvinism and Reformed theology seems to be a big topic of discussion at the moment, e.g. this article from Christianity Today, "Young, Restless and Reformed," some posts about the five points of Calvinism on Craig's blog... There have been more discussions that I've come across, but I can't remember where they all are.

I've been meaning to post something about Calvinism for awhile - trying to figure out if I'm a Calvinist or not. I suspect I've been brought up in a Reformed tradition without explicit labels, so nothing in the CT article was that earth-shattering for me. But I did start thinking about it after a debate on free will and God's sovereignty with a Presbyterian philosopher of physics at Cambridge in July. I still haven't had a chance to think through this fully... Hopefully some thoughts will be forthcoming soon!

No comments: