Sunday, April 03, 2005

A musical meme

Another version of the literary meme...

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which album are you going to be?

If this question is about which album I'd memorise in case all albums were destroyed, I think I'd have to say Crowded House's Together Alone.

Have you ever had a crush on a musician/pop star?

I'm terrible with crushes...

When I discovered Chris Isaak in year 9, I thought he was pretty spunky. OK, I still do. I've also had a bit of a thing for pianists - Simon Tedeschi in particular. He's just brilliant. He's a nice guy, too, if a little eccentric. And he's been in my car! And I've been to his apartment twice! And he's been to my place for dinner! And one of my friends had a car accident with him in the car! And he's kissed me on the cheek four times!!! (I'm not a groupie. Really, I'm not. I swear!)

Plus I've always kind of had a thing for Tim Freedman...

The last album you bought was...

Bethany Dillon's self-titled debut and Kutless, Sea of Faces, from Koorong. Fantastic Christian music. Kutless are kind of like Nickelback (best comparison I can think of). Bethany Dillon writes girly pop music, but with the best lyrics I've heard from that genre.

The last album you listened to was...

Sarah Blasko, The Overture and the Underscore. I saw her live at the UNSW Roundhouse (for free!!) and I can't get enough of her music. It's beautiful.

What are you currently listening to?

I'm at the computer so I have iTunes on. The current song is Everything, by Lifehouse.

The albums that are currently in my stereo are (I think), Sarah Blasko, Franz Ferdinand, Bethany Dillon, Kutless and Jeremy Camp.

Five albums you would take to a desert island...

Two answers to this question:

Based on my current favourite music:

1. Sarah Blasko, The Overture and the Underscore
2. Bethany Dillon, Self-titled
3. Evanescence, Fallen
4. Missy Higgins, The Sound of White
5. Dido, Life For Rent

Based on my favourite music of all time:

1. Pearl Jam, Vs
2. Chris Isaak, Forever Blue
3. Dusty Springfield, Am I The Same Girl?
4. The Whitlams, Eternal Nightcap
5. Dido, No Angel

And, fortunately, I memorised Together Alone in the first question.

What is the next album you would procure, had you the choice?

It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but I'd like to get Ashlee Simpson's album Autobiography. Actually, I take it back. I'm not embarrassed. I tend to be of the opinion that no one need be ashamed of their music taste, because it is just that - taste. Everyone is entitled to their own taste. Unless, of course, that includes Jessica Simpson...

Which musician/singer would you most like to spend the day with and why?

This is a hard one. It would probably be a toss up between Tim Freedman, Neil Finn and Simon Tedeschi. Maybe all three - that might make for an interesting dinner party!

No comments: