Things seem to be going quite well for me at the moment. After so many months of feeling anxious and not particularly happy all the time, things are starting to improve. Praise God!
My concentration and motivation has been improving, so I'm actually getting some work done on my PhD. I've finished the first draft of my first chapter - all 12,144 words of it. There's a number of gaps, and it still needs a lot of work, but at least I have something tangible and concrete to work with.
I'm feeling more sociable too. I'm an introvert, and I'm not always good at spending time with people, especially large groups. In the last few months especially, I've had a tendency to come up with excuses not to go out to parties or whatever. This weekend, we had a Young Adults church camp. On Friday I was feeling a little reluctant to go, mainly because I was tired, but not as reluctant as I have felt in the past. I did go, and I had a fantastic time. And, I wasn't feeling too exhausted by the end of it, which is very unusual for me.
So, in general, I'm feeling a lot more stable and happy, which is a very good thing. I'm still a little stressed about all the things I had to do at the moment - PhD, tutoring, marking, Moore College, CASE courses, Bible study, mentoring, music in church, writing a seminar on science and religion for CBS, planning a research trip/holiday overseas, writing articles for CASE, thinking up conference proposals, French club in the FASS, catching up with friends... - but I think I can handle it. After all, I have God's help! Hurrah!!
2 comments:
Oops, that was me.
Hey Karen,
I'm doing the evening course - Diploma of Biblical Studies - down at Miranda. I've only done one subject so far, OT Prophets, which was fantastic!
Post a Comment