I've been thinking a lot about marriage lately (no points for guessing why that is!) and particularly about submission and headship. I'm not sure exactly where I stand on these issues, and perhaps I'll write in a bit more detail about those things when I'm not so busy, but in the meantime, I've figured out an example of when submission is unequivocally a good thing.
Submission of the thesis!!
Oh, how I'm longing for that day!
1 comment:
We heard a really good talk on Ephesians on the weekend at a marriage enrichment course. One of the points was that you can't read Ephesians 5 on its own, and before looking at it you really need to look at everything that has come before in Ephesians and work hard on living in an Ephesians 4-5:21 way.
The interesting point was also made that everyone submits to someone else in some role. Australia must submit to John Howard's leadership while he is PM, but if John Howard is in a car and is stopped by a lolly-pop lady he must submit to her in that role.
Happy to talk more about this on the weekend.
Post a Comment