Thursday, November 01, 2007

Lame excuse for road rage

This article in today's Herald amused me. A man is claiming that he was "sexually assaulted" by a woman holding up her little finger at him. Sexually assaulted? By a woman in another car? With just a gesture? Even accusations of sexual harrassment require some kind of abuse of power. Assault? This is just crazy. And what does he do? Throws a water bottle at the woman's car. Clever.

"I just was angry and I threw it out the window, and I ended up hitting her car, and I get charged pretty much for being sexually assaulted by her, you know what I mean," he said.
Hmm.

And he tried to blame this ad campaign by the RTA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that article too! Totally agree that the guy is lame. It's just insulting to sexual assault victims to call a pinky "sexual assault" ... it's a pinky! In any case, his feelings did not give him a right to throw a bottle at another car.

I also found it interesting that he said that using the middle finger is used so often that it doesn't actually mean anything and is not offensive! Just because it's used a lot doesn't mean that it's not saying something completely disgusting and rude.

Very strange ... the government is not perfect but it cannot be blamed for our own actions.

Sophie