Monday, July 09, 2007

Interlude - London Bombs

I was given strict instructions to stay away from bombs this time, which, as the obedient young lady that I am, I did. I was in Manchester while the failed bombings in London and the attack on Glasgow Airport took place. Today was the 2nd anniversary of the bombings in the London Underground. I read in the paper that the recent attempts were supposed to be sending a message: that despite the West's war on terror, these groups can still attack. Well, they failed, so that's good. I hope and pray that they will not succeed at a later date.

I should also point out that my blogging so far has not covered all of my activities, particularly my time in London. Contrary to the belief of some, I do not spend all my time in pubs and bars! It just so happens that sitting and enjoying a nice, quiet drink provides an excellent opportunity for writing in my journal, which can then be typed up and posted online. Perhaps I should go have another nice, quiet drink tonight and write about some of the other exciting things I've been doing! Maybe I will. After church.

1 comment:

Donna-May said...

Glad to hear you're keeping away from bombs!

mwah.