Tagged by my brother Tim.
1. One book that changed your life:
Unnatural Enemies by Kirsten Birkett was quite influential in my decision to switch from Medical Science to History and Philosophy of Science, so I guess without it I would be an unhappy, failing medical student!
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea by John 'Lofty' Wiseman
4. One book that made you laugh:
How to Create a Flawless Universe In Just Eight Days by Godfather Publications
5. One book that made you cry:
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Shouldn't have been surprised, I guess.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern. As mentioned in The Princess Bride by William Goldman.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Wish by Peter Goldsworthy
8. One book you’re currently reading:
An Instance of the Fingerpost by Ian Pears. History of Science fiction set in Restoration Oxford. How fantastic is that?!
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Prophets Facing Backward: Postmodern Critiques of Science and Hindu Nationalism in India
by Meera Nanda
10. Now tag five people:
Hmm... Not too many people with blogs who read this. Nick, Tim G, Karen (but she's probably already done this...)
6 comments:
So this is compulsory, is it?
Ok, but my answers will be a little too provocative for my family-friendly blog, I'll have to post it on my opinionated blog instead.
Stay tuned.
Well... I stopped reading it when you said you were going to stop posting... :p
OK then, I tag Matt too!
And yes, Nick, it is compulsory!
You have the SAS Survival Handbook? I didn't know that. Do you remember that I have a copy signed by the author?
I don't have the SAS Survival Handbook, actually, but I think it would be useful if I was stranded on a desert island!
Well.. I don't generally do meme's... 8-)
1. One book that changed your life:
Im actually reading a book at the moment thats really challenging me about my life as it stands.. Bold Purpose (Allender/Longman III)
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
To my shame, the entire wheel of time series. Except the most recent which I still havent read.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
>SAS Survival Handbook: How to >Survive in the Wild, in Any >Climate, on Land or at Sea by >John 'Lofty' Wiseman
Cant really argue with that.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Tales from the far side: Garry Larson
5. One book that made you cry:
Nothing springs to mind. Sorry.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
Can I force people to read it too? Yes? Good! In that case Idiots guide to sensitivity.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
No book deserves that wish. Although If i had to pick something Id go with any apocrathatic(I think im making up words again.. book in the apocrather) book that were sure was written under false pretence. I.e. those written 2 decades later.
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Blood Pact by Tanya Huff
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Art of War.
Post a Comment