Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Creation and Evolution

If you happen to be a 'creation scientist' (or something of that kind) and have read this far, may I politely suggest that you put this book back on the shelf. It will do you no good. Evolution is true, it happens, it is the way the world it, and we too are one of its products. This does not mean that evolution does not have metaphysical implications; I remain convinced that this is the case. To deny, however, the reality of evolution and more seriously to distort deliberately the scientific evidence of fundamentalist tenets is inadmissible.
Simon Conway Morris, Life's Solution: Inevitable Humans in a Lonely Universe, p. xv.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Larissa! (nearly called you Lara then! hope you don't mind if I do...)

Great to see you blogging again. Enjoy reading the quotes. Keep posting!

Lara said...

Hey Elsie! Of course you can call me Lara - it's my online name!

Thanks for reading!

Lara said...

Hi kadj! Thanks for dropping by - I love getting visitors to my blog! I haven't managed to read much of this book yet. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.