A new year; time for a new start. It's about time I got back into the habit of blogging. After all, it's not just about procrastination. It's also a good way to ensure that I write regularly. If I'm going to be a writer (as all academic researchers are), then I need to write. Of course, I'll have my big writing projects - journal articles, trying to transform my thesis into a book - but I think it will be helpful to write smaller pieces more frequently, to ensure that my creative juices keep flowing. At least, that's my current rationalisation. But surely it's a more productive method of procrastination than Skweek!
I've been trying to develop a few ideas for blog entries. I've written a few over the years celebrating the birthdays of important people in the history of science and religion like Galileo and Samuel Clarke. I'd like to make a regular habit of that, though I've already missed one of the biggest ones. Hopefully I can pull something together on that super quick.
To ease my way back into blogging and writing more generally, and to motivate myself to actually complete this project, I'm also planning to write a little about my attempts to unclutter my life in one week and institute David Allen's "Getting Things Done" as a method of organisation.
So that's my plan. Only time will tell if it actually works out in practice!
4 comments:
Do you know that you can get desktop and web applications that support the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology and help you to implement it? I haven't used any personally, but it might be worth looking into.
Ooh, ooh - are you a fan of unclutterer.com too? Just thought you might be with a reference to uncluttering your life in one week and all. :-)
Yes, I love unclutterer.com! Not doing so well with the uncluttering though, or the return to blogging...
Well, I'm trying to catch up on posts in between spurts of uncluttering - hubby had to pull me away from the computer earlier to work on boxes.
Post a Comment