Well, I've survived one whole week on Lite n' Easy. The food itself is not bad, but the portions are rather small. This morning for breakfast I had one small slice of toast with some cheesy creamed corn, plus a mandarin. And I just realised that the mandarin was supposed to be my morning snack. Oops.
I am on the lowest calorie plan (1200 calories per day), which explains why the portions are so small. I do add a few things in, though. You're allowed to have extra vegetables, and if you really need it, an extra piece of fruit and bread. I usually have a banana, a low-fat/low-sugar yoghurt and a Skinny Cow ice-cream block. Those are awesome - only 84 calories!
So, it's not easy, and I'm often hungry, but it's a lot better than Optifast! I haven't noticed any difference in my weight yet (although I don't weigh myself - just waiting to see if my clothes fit better), but I'm sure it will come. It would help if I was doing more exercise, but it's hard to find the energy sometimes!
2 comments:
Hmm...will try Skinny Cow...sounds interesting!
There's a simple concept to it (which you probably know), if you eat more calories than you spend, you store the extra as body fat, if you eat less, then your body converts the fat back to energy.
The caveat however (and the point I wanted to make), is that if you eat significantly less than you spend, the body goes into survival mode and converts muscle into energy instead, saving the fat for later. So to reduce body fat you need to do it slowly by eating slightly less than you spend, not a lot less. If you find you're struggling with being hungry, then you're probably pushing your body into survival mode.
The best way to make up the difference is with high protein foods. The reason for this is that the body doesn't convert excess calories from protein to fat for storage. If you eat too many calories but the excess is from protein you won't put on fat, you just won't lose any either.
Post a Comment