Thursday, May 24, 2007

Endorphin rush

I had a great workout at the gym this morning. I hadn't worked out for a week, because I'd been unwell, but my trainer, Elizabeth, did not go easy on me! Working out with a personal trainer once a week is not cheap, but it's worth it. Elizabeth works me hard, but she's so nice that I don't mind. Doing lunge-drives, holding a 5kg plate, legs burning... how many left? 4?! OK, just because it's you...

It's great as well that she doesn't just care about my physical well-being, but about my spiritual well-being as well (she's a Christian). She asks how I am emotionally, how things are going with the special man in my life (hi Matt!!) and how my PhD is coming along.

She's given me homework for next week. I have to finish my first conference paper before I see her next Thursday. Then I have to finish the second one by the following week, and the third one the week after that. She's tough! Good news though - I'm actually making progress on my first conference paper this afternoon. Hurrah!

Hmm. I think my lats are going to be sore tomorrow. Why did I ask for more weight?!

2 comments:

Donna-May said...

nice pic of you lara *winks*

Lara said...

You're a funny, funny girl, my dear!