My dad just walked through the house holding a hammer and some nails.Ah, you've got a hammer! Are you going to hammer in the morning?
Well, no, it's the afternoon now.
Are you going to hammer in the evening?
I hope to be finished before then.
Are you going to hammer all over this land?
No, just the back step.
Is it a hammer of justice?
No, it's a claw hammer.
Are you going to hammer out justice?
No.
Are you going to hammer out warning?
No.
Love between your brothers and your sisters all over this land?
Nope, I'm just going to fix the step.
He's now finished hammering...
6 comments:
Funniest thing I've ever read on your blog
True story. Glad you liked it!
I LOVE pp & m... but they looked so much cooler in the 60s.
They could get away with earnestness so well.
Have you heard the Leonard Nimoy cover? It's not bad. Nothing like his freaky Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.
But even the Peter, Paul and Mary version isn't as good as the Pete Seeger original. Go the banjo!
I LOVE pp & m... but they looked so much cooler in the 60s.
My dad says that he did too.
But even the Peter, Paul and Mary version isn't as good as the Pete Seeger original.
Ooh, I hope my dad doesn't hear you say that!
I still get misty when I hear "Puff the magic dragon"... It's so not about drugs! It's a beautiful story about youth and eternal life and the fragile friendship between a boy and a dragon! *Sniffle*
: )
Agnes
Post a Comment