Saturday, February 17, 2007

I hate wait

Before Christmas, I submitted an abstract for a Science and Religion conference being held in the UK in July. It would be a great conference to go to - it's my area of research; it's being held in honour of one of the foremost science and religion scholars in the world, whose work has been important in the development of my own ideas; there will be lots of other top-class scholars there, whose work I have also used extensively; it will be a great opportunity to network and share my research just before finalising my PhD thesis; and it's in England. I love England!

It's been nearly 7 weeks since the abstracts were due, and I still haven't heard whether mine has been accepted or rejected. I received an email from the organiser in early January, saying that he's received my abstract and that decisions should be made by the beginning of February. I waited until more than a week of February had passed, and sent a very nice email inquiring about when I might hear something. He said Monday. It's now Saturday. Well, in the UK, it's nearly Saturday. And I still haven't heard anything.

I'm not a very patient person, and I'm getting quite frustrated!

Maybe I could give him my word as a Spaniard? No good, he's probably known too many Spaniards...

I hate wait.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Speaking of conference abstracts, do you know anything about AAHPSSS? They've had a "details coming soon" notice on the site for a long time now. I have a paper that might be good enough. And I'm really looking for an excuse to come home...

Christopher McCulloch said...

Can't resist:

Waiting is like the Pit of Despair...don't even think about trying to escape (hack, cough)...don't even think about trying to escape. The chains are far too thick!

Donna-May said...

so no news yet?

Lara said...

Still no news. V. frustrating.