1. James BeauSeigneur, Birth of an Age
2. James BeauSeigneur, Acts of God (Books 2 & 3 of the 'Christ Clone' trilogy - apocalyptic fiction with similar theology to Left Behind, but much more satisfying)
3. Angus Menuge (ed.), Reading God's World: The Scientific Vocation
4. John Grisham, The Broker
5. Tim Lahaye, Jerry B. Jenkins, Left Behind
6. Tim Lahaye, Jerry B. Jenkins, Tribulation Force
7. Tim Lahaye, Jerry B. Jenkins, Nicolae (The first three books of the Left Behind series, some of the most irritating books I've ever read, possibly even worse than Dan Brown. To me, they are a cheap imitation of the Christ Clone trilogy, spread over 12 books to make as much money as possible...)
8. Nick Hornby, About a Boy
9. Ray Blackston, A Delirious Summer
10. Alexander McCall Smith, The Sunday Philosophy Club
3 comments:
How'd you like McCall Smith?
Agnes
What did you think of Reading God's World? It's not an easy read, but I've enjoyed it because of its depth. Much Creationist writing is pretty weak stuff. RGW is quite the opposite.
Ronald
Interesting... I wouldn't have characterised Reading God's World as Creationist...
I bought the book primarily for Peter Harrison's article on 'Priests of the Most High God'. Harrison's ideas about physico-theology are the main views I'm challenging in my PhD research.
I think it's about time Henry F. Schaefer fixed up his mistake about Robert Boyle writing 'The Wisdom of God Manifested in the Works of Creation' (p. 134). I'm sure John Ray wouldn't be too happy about Boyle getting the credit for his greatest work!
Post a Comment