- Finish PhD (by June 1, otherwise Matt says the wedding is off!)
- It's hard to estimate the percentage completed, but I've got one chapter in nearly final form, two chapters getting close to that, and three chapters that still need a lot of work. Plus the conclusion and introduction. And formatting and referencing.
- 11 weeks of teaching
- I'm teaching three subjects this session. I've got three face-to-face hours of teaching per week (two for history of medicine, one for the scientific revolution) and two online groups for science and religion
- Beyond preparing for and facilitating tutorial discussions, there's all the marking. I get out of the take-home exam for one subject because it's due while I'm on the honeymoon (!), and fortunately I have a whole week to mark all the science and religion journals before the wedding.
- Wedding planning
- Wedding cars
- Hair and make-up (i.e. find someone to do it on the day)
- Dress fittings for me and the bridesmaids
- Decide on vows, sermon, readings etc.
- Finalise music and ask musicians
- Decide on stuff for the reception - will there be dancing, what kind of music etc.
- Make and send invitations
- Order bonbonniere, make place cards
- Decide on flowers - I went to see the florist on Monday night, but I had a migraine, so it was a bit difficult to make decisions
- Gift registry
- Probably other things that I can't think of right now
- We still need to find somewhere to live.
- We put in an application yesterday for a unit that would have been perfect, but we missed out. Oh well. That would have been just too easy! Now it's back to the drawing board...
Still, only three months until I get to marry the most wonderful man in the world! Hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment