Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Australian Politics Test

I've apparently already been quite personal on this blog, so I guess I may as well reveal my political tendencies as well...

According to the Australian Politics Test on the OzPolitics Blog, the political party whose policy outlook aligns most closely with my views is the Labor Party, followed closely by Family First, which is kind of strange...

You can see the rest of my results here.

4 comments:

Mister Tim said...

Family First followed by the Liberals followed by One Nation?

Their description of left and right is a bit old fashioned and is the more traditional view of what the different sides represent. Politics has evolved in different ways though, so it's not really that simple anymore. Anyway, my results certainly don't represent the way I would vote. I think, though, that is primarily because some of the issues it rates you on are not things I would base my choice of vote on.

Very interesting though - a good find.

Nick said...

The results page has a sensible disclaimer: "You have more than one party within an error margin of 10 percentage points of the highest score. The higher scored parties are highlighted above. Any of these parties may be an acceptable alternative. Your political preferences may swing between these higher scored parties."

But I'm just baffled that 5 of the 7 parties are all acceptable alternatives for you!

Lara said...

Perhaps the reason 5 of the 7 parties are acceptable alternatives is that I don't have strong opinions about anything!

Unknown said...

I think the test needs to ascribe a value to the preference you place on each of the issues, not totally sure how you would implement that though.

I thought it pinned me fairly accurately (70.9 ALP, but suprised by the 71.9 for the Democrats).