Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I've been gone so long...

A long time has passed without even a hint of a posting on this blog. I'm sure you've all been waiting breathlessly for my return to the blogosphere, desperately wondering where I've been.

Did something terrible happen to her while she was away?
Is she still suffering from jetlag?
Has she given up on the blog all together?!


The answers are no, no and maybe, but not yet.

I had a fantastic time while I was overseas, packing as much as I possibly could into those four weeks. The highlight of my trip was definitely Cambridge, England. Cambridge, Massachusetts was also quite pleasant, but it doesn't even come close to the 'real' Cambridge. Such a beautiful place, relaxed but academic atmosphere, punts along the river, exquisite old buildings and the best part of all - a whole library devoted to the History and Philosophy of Science! I didn't want to leave. Sure, I could apply for a post-doctoral fellowship there once I finished my PhD, but maybe I could give up my PhD and move to Cambridge right away! The thought crossed my mind, and was entertained for more than a moment. After all, there seemed to be a number of jobs available... But I'm so over working in retail, so I decided to come home to finish my PhD. Cambridge will have to wait. Unless there's a conference there I could go to sometime...

Feeling kind of sleepy. Time to end this post. Perhaps there will be more later...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

I can't help but feel partly responsible for the return...

Lara said...

Thanks! If you hadn't called me a 'slacker', I might never have returned!! :-p

Maybe now you can add me to your list of blogs??

ChinDoGu said...

I must admit to being in the third category... Good to see you havent given up on us entirely...!

Lara said...

I noticed that you haven't posted for awhile, Matt. I hope you don't give up either!

ChinDoGu said...

Nono.. just no time, plus nothing intelligent to say. Gonna have to start crossposting the stuff I post on other peoples blogs to keep up 8-)