Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#9 - Have lunch at the Balmoral Bathers' Pavilion

When I finally submitted my PhD thesis for examination, after five and a half long years, my parents offered to take Matt and I somewhere special to celebrate.  After perusing the menus of several fancy restaurants, I decided on the Bathers' Pavilion, Balmoral.  My parents had been there before, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  And we were not disappointed when we went there together in August 2009.  I thought it was the best food I'd ever had at a fancy restaurant (except, perhaps, for Restaurant Balzac).  Even Matt enjoyed it, and he doesn't normally enjoy such fancy food.

My parents, being the incredibly lovely and generous people that they are, took Matt and I back to Balmoral to celebrate my 30th birthday earlier this year.  We had lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and once again, the food, service and the view were amazing!

Entree

Main Course

Dessert

Petit Fours

Petit Fours boxed up to take home, since we were full!

No comments: