Friday, August 24, 2007

Ouch!

I went to the gym last night. I hadn't been since Saturday, because I'd been a bit lazy, but I was feeling pretty good so I didn't go too easy on myself. I spent 20 minutes walking briskly on the treadmill; 10 minutes on the exercise bike; 5 minutes on the rowing machine; 5 minutes on the cross-trainer; and then only 7.5 minutes on the treadmill again before I felt a stitch in my side and couldn't continue. I was a little surprised, because I generally work myself hard enough to get out of breath, but not hard enough to get a stitch (I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing).

When I got home, my chest was feeling rather constricted, as though something were pressing on it, preventing me from taking a deep breath. I figured I must be coming down with a cold or something (not good!) This morning, when I woke up, I could still feel the spot where I had a stitch. I'm not in a lot of pain - it just feels uncomfortable. I'm wondering if I actually pulled a muscle while I was on the rowing machine or cross-trainer. Not good at all!

2 comments:

Donna-May said...

you poor thing! i hope it's feeling a bit better today.

Anonymous said...

There's a lesson we can all learn from this ... don't go to the gym!
Sophie